East Lincoln Fire Department, 1956In early 1956, a group of men from East Lincoln County decided there was a need for fire protection in their community. They had several meetings at A.O. Duckworth's store and contacted fire departments in the surrounding counties. In June 1956 the East Lincoln County VFD #1 was formed.
In July, the first volunteer fire engine in the county was bought from Howe Fire manufacturing. It was placed in service in October 1956 and was in service until 1998. In 1958 they contacted the United States Army and received a Dodge power wagon, which was placed in service as the departments first brush unit. It is still in service today!
A lot has changed since those humble beginnings. We at the East Lincoln Fire Department would like to thank1956 those members for their dedication in the early years of the department. With out you none of this would have been possible.
The following is a list of the founding members of the East Lincoln Fire Department:
Joe Anderson, Don Cherry, Jimmy Dellinger, A.O. Duckworth, Bob Duckworth, Bill Grice, Carl Grice, Ed Hager, Eriskon Hager, James Henkle, Horace Jetton, Grady Long, Graham Long, Bobby Nixon, James Nixon, Anderson Primm, Reid Sharar, Rodney Sherrill and Guy Sifford.